Sunday, May 13, 2007

Diaper Dash 2007

In addition to the 5k, 10k, 1/2 marathon, and full marathon, the Flying Pig race featured the Piglet series. This included sprints in several age classes. Meredith ran the Diaper Dash, a race for babies. Rory ran in the Piglet 2-3 year old race. I have some cute videos of both races which will be published soon.
.
Meredith did well even though she froze up at the starting line. There was another baby who stood up and sprinted to the finish. I suspect performance enhancing formula was involved. Anyway, I'm not bitter. We had a fun time and in the end all of the kids were #1.
.
Meredith attempts to psych out the competition at the starting line.
The race is on! Meredith gets a quick start, then stops to check out the scenery.
Hmmm....maybe walking will be faster. Nope!
A little help from daddy gets her moving.
Almost there!
Look at me, I'm #1!
Meredith and daddy get a much deserved rest after such a grueling race.
Here is Rory after her 50 yard dash. Nice medal.
Rory gives her medal a kiss!

No comments: